Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Thirty-six weeks

I now weigh 88.9 kilos/196lbs/14st.  My weight is going down very slowly now.  When I saw Dr Lechaux last week he said I shouldn't be losing more than a kilo a week so I seem to be pretty much sticking to that.

This was me last week, just before I went to the hospital to meet him.



The diarrhoea is worse again since I saw him on Tuesday.  I still get caught short which is humiliating and horrible.  I wish I had shares in a toilet tissue and air freshener company!

I've been sunbathing in the gorgeous weather of the last few days in a swimmer I haven't worn for a long time - I've always been a hoarder and never got rid of clothes I couldn't fit into.  The top half of my body seems to be about the size I am happy with, but the bottom half - hips, bum, thighs and calves still have a way to go.  My mother and grandmother were also heavier below the waist so I don't expect miracles as genetics obviously play their part.  I was always a typically pear-shaped English figure.

Last night I had my first probiotic yoghurt in the hope that this might help my situation.  I couldn't eat them before because of the lactose intolerance, but this seems to have gone away, to a large extent, and I thought it might be worth trying this - anything has to be worth a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment