Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Monday 20 February 2012

Seven month weigh in - 31 weeks

I weighed a day early this week as I was asked how much I weighed this morning.  Well - I have snuck into the 14 stones at 14.12½/94.4kgs.  Seven months post op and 7st 9lbs lost.  Yeah!  I took this photo this morning.  I'm wearing a charity shop sweater that I've never been able to get into before.



My bowel problems remain although, I have, in the last seven days had two days without problems for the first time since my op.  My eating wasn't different on these two days, so I have no idea why.  Perhaps it's the beginning of things getting back to normal.  I've had loads of fish this last week and meat.  I've cooked trout, mussels, haddock three times and prawns, duck, beef rib and chicken.  I haven't eaten all of the meat, the dogs over the road have benefitted quite a lot, but I have eaten some and have made stock and soups with the bones and veggies.

I'm off out today to my Writers' Group and we usually have a packed lunch.  Normally it is held at my house, but today I have to drive to one of the other members and I shan't be eating lunch or drinking as I still have worries about accidents away from home. 

The brother of someone I know was to have had his bypass on 6 February.  I don't know if it happened or not, but if it did, I wish him all the best for the future and hope he is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment