Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Wednesday 12 September 2012

One year and eight weeks post operation

Well - I've finally reached the point where I have lost exactly half of my pre op weight.  I never really felt that this could happen.  It is an incredible thing and I am stunned by the reality of it all.  

I originally weighed 143.1 kg and now weigh 71.5kgs/11st3½lbs/157½lbs.  It seems unbelievable to me that my skin could have held two of the people I am now, athough, as I have said before, my skin is very saggy.  I feel it looks like hanging unironed curtains!  Luckily not too much of the spare skin is hanging round my face so when I'm dressed I don't look so dreadful. 

I put on a new Asda size 16 t-shirt this afternoon to go up to the Clinic in Guingamp and it was a little too big.  I did wear it, but was aware that the neck gaped rather a lot.  I had a mammography today and although there always has to be a second opinion which they will confirm in a letter enclosing the mammograms, the first doctor who looked at the results said there was no problem that she could see, so that's good.

I then went on to a supermarket and bought three fleecy round/scoopy neck jerseys for winter, all the same but different colours, and a lightweight zip up fleece, so I feel equipped for colder weather now.

It seemed really chilly when I got home and it was just raining too - only 18.7°C outside - so I got a fire going in the woodburner and inside it's now 23.5°C so I'm a happy bunny.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment