Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Wednesday 5 September 2012

One year and seven weeks post op

Weighed in a day late again this week and was 72.7kgs/11st6lbs/160lbs, so a loss of 2lbs.  My skin is hanging on me and as I wear short sleeved or sleeveless t-shirts most of the time, I am very aware of my awful looking arms.  Don't get me wrong - I am thrilled to be lighter and mobile, but my skin is looking awful.  On Monday, even my chiropodist remarked on the wrinkles I have on my face now the fat doesn't fill them out. 

I wrote to my surgeon, Dr Lechaux to find out what the Créon dosage should be as Dr Picot hadn't told my GP, Dr Quarck, what he wanted me to take, and Dr Lechaux had prescribed it for me before.  He wrote back to say 25,000UI gelules three times a day, so I had to pop into the surgery and ask for a new prescription just for Créon.  I picked it up yesterday afternoon and will collect it from the pharmacy on my way back from bowls training tomorrow.  Then I'll start taking the correct does from Friday morning with the Surgilene - vitamins - which I keep forgetting.  I'm going to put them in an open container on the worksurface each night so in future I can't forget when I come downstairs in the morning.
 
The Créon is presented as a plastic capsule filled with tiny little balls.  I am not allowed to swallow the capsule so have carefully to tip the balls onto a spoonful of yoghurt in order to stop them falling all over the place - then they get stuck inside my mouth, so I have to try to cover them with yoghurt too - not easy but possible.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment