Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Wednesday 31 October 2012

One year and fifteen weeks post operaton


No change this week in my weight, which is good news. 
 
I have had some lovely food this week too.  I was out to lunch on Sunday with an Australian friend and then on Monday had home made beef casserole when a friend came to lunch followed by a fruit crumble which he brought with him with whole cream poured over. 
 
Today I have eaten one of the two rabbit pies with puff pastry which I made this afternoon - I haven't eaten rabbit for years and it was absolutely delicious.  With the little piece of puff pastry left over I made a small raspberry jam filled tart, which was also very good with cream.

 
This damp and grey weather we have been having lately makes me dream of casseroles and pastry covered pies.  I feel as if I need something sturdy and hot to keep me going through the day. 
 
I have though also had salad and on Saturday I bought a crab which was cooked for me by the fishmonger while I did the rest of my shopping.  I mixed a third of it with Hellman's mayo and chilli paste and had it with salad from my polytunnel and lovely fresh French bread.
 
A friend gave me a large portion of pumpkin which I shall be turning into soup after roasting it with garlic, onions, carrots and sage.  I do like to add cream too, but obviously I don't have to.  While I am trying not to lose more weight luckily I can indulge myself in these treats which will have to be more restricted after my revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment