Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Wednesday 7 November 2012

One year and sixteen weeks post operation


Yesterday morning I had an appointment with Dr Lechaux to discuss the revision of my bypass.  This will reduce the bypass length from 2 metres to 1 metre and hopefully mean that I will absorb more food instead of it rushing straight through me.
 
He gave me a date of 23 January for going into Yves le Foll hospital, with the operation taking place at 14.00hrs the following day.  He then offered me an earlier date at the beginning of January, but I said I'd stick with the first date he suggested.  He said I must start taking the vitamins I am supposed to take daily for the rest of my life as he wanted me to be in tip top condition so that the intestine will heal well and not leak in anyway. 
 
He said that it would be a seven day stay in hospital which is longer than it was for the bypass itself.  He knows I hate it in hospital and said he'd see how I was and may let me home earlier but they do need to know that there is no leakage.
 
He thinks that it will not be necessary to go through the liquid, then purée regime before embarking on "proper" food again, as my stomach will not be operated on.  We shall have to see how things go. 
 
I have to see the anaethestist on 7 January and this time he has given me a devi for my insurance company which is weird as I haven't had problems with them paying on invoice the last three operations I've had.
 
He asked if it didn't work would I want a complete reversal and I said definitely not.  I would prefer to have diarrhoea for life than have the possibility of getting fat again.  Perish the thought!
 
So - I am not exactly looking forward to it - in fact I am worried as usual about another operation, but feel I do have to give it a go.  Fingers crossed.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gastrology is all about dealing with the stomach issues. Sometimes the stomach related problems increase a lot and you might feel the need to consult the gastro surgeon for the same. Now there are many gastro surgeons that you will come across but choosing the right one is very important. This is the reason that you must be a little attentive when you are searching for the best gastro surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing so much useful and unique information, it is useful for all. If you want to know more about breast cancer and its treatment.

    Cancer Doctor in Delhi | Best Breast Cancer Surgeon in Delhi | best breast cancer doctor in Delhi | Breast Cancer Surgery in Delhi | Breast Cancer Treatment in Delhi

    ReplyDelete