Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Forty-four weeks post op

Just over ten months post operation now.  I weighed in today at 81kgs/12st11lbs/179lbs so a loss of 2.5kgs/5lbs this week - and a total loss of 62.1kgs/9st11lbs/137pounds. 

This is a weird weight loss as I have been eating lot of food.  On Sunday I actually cooked five different meals and they were not small.  I'm not sure why I feel so hungry and want food all the time and it is worrying.  I am also not sure why I have managed to lose so much weight this week in view of all the food I have eaten.

Today I have got under control a bit more again as I spend Tuesdays away from the house at bowls.  No time for breakfast this morning and I had prawn mayo salad for lunch with two slices of buttered baguette.  This evening I have so far had a plateful of really tiny globe artichokes dipped in melted butter, so a better day. 

My relationship with my loo has not diminished much and I have had three accidents this week, which is the worst performance so far - not good.  The last one was before I went to bowls for the day and I thought twice about leaving the house again, but took courage in both hands and I was fine.

I have been taking both Questran and Créon and should finish taking Questran on Thursday I think, but have loads more in the box, so am not sure if I might continue for a bit.

I saw the dietician last week and she asked me how much more weight I wanted to lose.  I didn't really know, but replied that fifteen kilos would probably be enough.  This would see me at about 68 kgs/10st10lbs/150lbs.  I asked how I would stop losing weight and she just said "Eat more".  Well I couldn't eat any more than I did on Sunday and I still lost weight, so I'm not sure that would do the trick.

Anyway, to look on the positive side, I have now managed to get into the twelve stones and that is good, although I'm not sure I deserve this big loss this week.

We have an Obesité Bretagne Nord meeting this Friday.  Instead of our normal meeting place at the hospital we are transferring to a restaurant - Le Papagayo in St Brieuc.  I hope I shall be able to find it easily.  We are moving because as the group has become bigger we have outgrown the room at Yves Le Foll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment