Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Friday 13 July 2012

Fifty one and a half weeks post operation

I didn't manage to post on Tuesday and then forgot completely.  However, I weighed in at 78 kilos/12st 4lbs/172lbs so another 1.1 kilos/2.5lbs lost.  

Diarrhoea was  particularly difficult yesterday from the early hours through to the early hours of this morning.  I've no idea why, I don't feel that I changed anything in my eating so who knows.  Slightly better today, if it hadn't been I've have bought shares in a toilet roll company!

I can scarcely believe that next Tuesday a whole year will have passed since my mini gastric bypass.  I look back at photos from before the operation and I can hardly understand that they are me.  I can see from them that I was grossly obese and from current photos or looking in the mirror I can see that I am now much, much slimmer. 

I find it difficult to remember what I looked like and how I changed during the time that the weight was dropping off.  If it wasn't for the old photos and the XXL clothes in my cupboard I would hardly remember at all that I used to be so hugely fat.  Strange how the mind plays tricks.  I have always thought in the opposite way to an anorexic.  I think in my head I have always been the slim person I was in the 60s/70s and was always surprised to catch sight of the fat me in shop windows or mirrors or to find that I couldn't get through a much too small gap or turnstile.






No comments:

Post a Comment