Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 24 July 2012

One year and one week post op

This morning I weighed in at 76 kilos/165.5lbs/11st 13.5lbs which means I've lost 67 kilos and have just slipped into the eleven stones.

I took the photo before I went to bowls this morning.


My usual bowls polo shirt is now just hanging on me being size XXL and I can't wear it anymore so as it was really hot this morning I thought I'd wear this size 16 vest style t-shirt.   I can't believe it's size 16!  I also wore, for the first time, my men's leisure bottoms size M which I bought when back in the UK in April.  So I've gone from XXL in these too down to medium. 

Yesterday, hunting through a cupboard in the spare room, I found a carrier bag of swimsuits that I haven't seen for years.  It had six size 16 swimmers in it, five with labels still intact, so that's me sorted for swimming and sunbathing this summer.  I found loads of other carrier bags of clothes but haven't been through them yet so don't know what's in there. 

I went to see a new friend on the way home and stayed chatting most of the afternoon.  Then went shopping for ingredients for a stirfry for supper which I ate sitting out in the sunshine - oh - how I love this weather.  Still 32°C at 18.05pm.








2 comments:

  1. Hey there congragulations on youre success! im also looking to have the mgb with either youre surgeon or D.R Rutledge. Can you tell me how long youre bypass was, was it longer then 6feet bypass? thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that Dr Lechaux, who is based in Brittany, France, bypasses 2 metres (6ft 6ins) of the upper intestine and the stomach capacity still in use is the size of his thumb. Good luck with your operation when you have it. Sandra

    ReplyDelete