Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Twenty-one week weigh in and getting ready for Christmas

Weighing in this morning sees me now at 106.2 kilos/233½lbs or 16stone 9½lbs, so it's still coming off.  I've lost 5st 12lbs/36.9kg now.  I am not setting targets, as I've said before, but I would like to see myself below 100kg, and it looks like an achievable aim now.

I am now avoiding all milk products and although the situation is improved it is not sorted. I haven't started the antibiotics as I have blood tests for a follow up of a parathyroidectomy in June and don't want the results distorted in any way. It seems that my parathome level is much too high and there may still be a problem.

I am, however, taking the two supplements - ingredients include, evening primrose oil, vitamins C & E, iron, ginseng,and zinc - which will hopefully contribute to me not losing too much more hair. I have lost so much now that my slide which hold my hair on the top of my head sometimes slips off. I am constantly empyting my hairbrush and the bath after a shower and it's amazing how much hair is leaving my head. The problem is, that when my hair does eventually regrow it will be short and not mix in well with my long hair, so I will probably end up having it cut short when I do get regrowth, and then I'll have to grow it again.

A friend came to lunch yesterday with her husband.  I haven't see her for, probably, a year or so. She too had weight problems, but was so worried about having a gastric bypass because she has heart problems too, that she has finally buckled down and has lost four stone through diet and exercise. She continues to lose weight and I am very proud of her - because it ain't easy.

I have eaten some different foods this week, amongst them, long grain rice and mushrooms, and in a salad, lettuce, rocket, tomatoes, cucumber and red peppers dressed with a homemade French dressing. I've tried globe artichokes but couldn't get on with them and still find bread difficult, even French bread with lumpfish caviar balanced on top.   Today, I've made enough of my usual homemade veggie soup to last for four day.  I had some celery in the fridge so I added the leaves to the soup before I blitzed it all, just to make a minor difference in taste.

My Christmas decorations and tree went up today with the help of a friend:

My tree was given to me yesterday by my friends who came to lunch and it's lovely - thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment