Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Wednesday 8 August 2012

One year and three weeks post op

I am a day late weighing this week - completely forgot to do it yesterday - so this morning I weighed in at 74.2kgs/163½lbs/11st 9½lbs, so I've lost 3lbs this week. 

I had a very bad Friday night through Saturday morning with regard to vomiting bile and then having very, very frequent diarrhoea from 02.05hrs to 10.00hrs.  I had no sleep and felt awful during Saturday.  Then I slept really well on Saturday night and woke with tons of energy on Sunday, doing lots of gardening and other stuff.

I saw my GP, family doctor, on Monday afternoon for my usual three monthly prescription drugs and she said I had lost too much weight.  I can't understand this as I just - only just -still fall into the obese level for my BMI.  I am 1.57 tall and weigh 74.2kgs which gives me a BMI of 30.10.  This is how it is calculated:
BMI Categories:
  • Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
  • Overweight = 25–29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater 

So obviously, to me, I can afford to get down to BMI 25 which would, for me, be 62 kilos, and still be just in the overweight category. 

I know the top half of my body is not fat at all now, but my hips, thighs and calves certainly are overweight and if I can, I would like to be smaller in these areas.  At just under 5ft 3ins a weight of 11st 9½lbs is hardly too low.

   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment