Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Weigh in - seven weeks post op

I weighed in this morning at 125.1 kilos/19st 10lbs.  So 18 kgs/2st 11½lbs lost in seven weeks.  Not such a big loss this week, but I can't ever explain a low or a high loss.  It doesn't really matter to me, I know I will lose enough weight eventually.  I have had a lot of trouble eating this week again.  I'm finding it very difficult to be interested in food and to find anything I want to try at all. 

Vomiting has again been a problem this week.  I don't feel nauseous, just throw up after almost everything I eat.  The Imodium wore off so I am back on that again.  I was hoping to go to Bowls today, for half a day, but can't risk it with my bowels and the vomiting.

I'm still sleeping well and am grateful for that.  In fact, I sleep too late in the morning really, 8.30-9.30am and should be up earlier for the animals.  Even if I drop off in the afternoon I still sleep as long.

Sunny, but very windy here today and I understand that ferries and flights in Cornwall have been badly affected by the strong winds, so it must have been much worse there.

Yesterday afternoon I spent on the field, supervising weeding of the veggie patches.  Having had seven weeks of doing nothing, they were a real mess.  There are so many butternut squash coming on I can't believe it.  Last year we really enjoyed these and I'm so glad we've got them again.  The onions are now drying off in the polytunnel and the courgettes which have turned into marrows are going to the hens, who seem to love them.  Hopefully there are enough broad bean seeds harvested to keep for next year's crop.   Still loads of beetroot and carrots and the parnips are looking healthy.  Still pounds of tomatoes coming on in the polytunnel - I've already frozen loads of tomato sauce/soup.  Hopefully I shall be able to have lots of veggie soup this autumn/winter.   Soup is one thing I do seem to be able to enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment