Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Saturday 29 October 2011

Blood test and results

I had a whole range of blood tests yesterday morning. The nurse arrived at 07.05am and had to knock loudly on the outside door to wake me. In the afternoon, my doctor’s surgery partner ‘phoned me as the laboratory had ‘phoned her to say that my potassium and protein were extremely low and needed immediate attention. I collected a prescription for potassium syrup, one soupspoonsful twice a day for two weeks and a prescription for a further blood test next Thursday morning, to check on my progress. I love the way the dosages are prescribed here, not 5ml, 10ml or 15ml but by coffee and soup spoons. I promised to try to get some more protein into my mouth.

Today I started with a mug of all milk coffee, a chocolate cream dessert with 4.5g of protein and half a slice of toast and butter with smoked salmon, so I am trying with the protein.  I have to have more blood taken next Thursday to check up on progress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment