Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Dietician

This afternoon saw me back up at Yves le Foll hospital again, this time to see the dietician.  I have already cancelled two appointments with Mme Guyot, so hadn't seen her since I was in having my operation. 

I knew she wouldn't be happy with my poor eating and she wasn't.  She was, however, very kind and understanding, ending up with asking me to try to eat more dairy and to eat six times a day minimum.  She is worried about my lack of protein and the possibility of malnutrition.  I agreed to try to increase my dairy intake by buying and eating creme caramels etc.

She too, having weighed me, said I was losing weight much too fast, but understood the difficulty.

I have another appointment in three months on 1 February 2012 when I need to attend with a completed food diary too.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you've really loss weight that much, you're blog sounded worried to me, you're actually having an unhealthy diet. Your dietician must have been very worried about it, she sounded like one really. I hope you'll get well the soonest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment. I am managing to eat a wider variety of foods now and with very infrequent vomiting now, so things are much better. I am now lactose intolerant so can't eat dairy and am having Calcium and Vitamin D because of this. Bread, pasta and rice are almost impossible for me to eat. However, I'm managing salads and boiled eggs, and homemade homegrown veggie soups, so things are improving a lot. I see my dietician again next Wednesday and I hope she'll be much happier with me! Sandra

    ReplyDelete