Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Seventeen week weigh in. Can I see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Seventeen week weigh in this morning.  I am now 110kgs/243lbs/17stones 5lbs, which is a three pound weight loss over the week.  I am happier with that loss, although I can't put it down to anything in particular. 

I feel that things have been slightly better this week, that there has  been an improvement.  I actually fancied a food for the first time since the op.  I was in the local supermarket and suddenly thought that I fancied tempura prawns.  I asked for 100g of shell on prawns which worked out to be seven prawns.  When I got home I peeled them and dipped them in a light batter before frying them.  I ate them, dipping in mayonnaise and the first four were lovely.  I then had to stop for about 20 minutes before eating the remaining three.  They tasted good.

Also this week I managed to eat almost a whole piece of toast in one go.  It was spread with butter and thickly spread with marmalade.  The first carbohydrate I've had for a very, very long time. 

I have had numerous bowls of homemade butternut squash soup and smoked salmon has been my only real source of protein apart from Saturday's prawns.  I tried scrambled egg on toast for supper last night but only ate a couple of forkfuls when I vomited.  I am having to sell more and more of my hens' eggs as I am not getting through them as I usually do.

I haven't managed to go to Bowls this morning as leaving the bathroom is such a problem.  Vomiting has been less this week, not stopped completely but definitely diminished.

I am appalled at the loose skin I now have on my front thighs and back thighs by the knee.  I know I will be able to have a stomach tuck at some point, but heavens knows what will happen with my thighs.  Somehow being fat is more acceptable to me than having hanging skin.  Not sure quite how to deal with it mentally at the moment.

I met two people I hadn't seen for ages, at the supermarket on Saturday and they walked past me to start with and couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost.  Always good to see someone you haven't seen for a long time as the difference is so much greater and the comments really positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment