Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Nineteen week weigh in

For the first time, I have not lost any weight this week.  So - disappointing, but as I can't influence it, I am still not really eating enough, I shall just hope that there will be a drop next week.

Nothing to do with my mini gastric bypass, but a nice photo of Purrdy flopped over the top of the settee, taken ten minutes ago.


I saw my GP yesterday and explained my reasons for thinking I have a lactose intolerance.  Apparently, in France, they don't believe there is a medication which works for people with this problem.  The advice is that you should just cut out dairy completely.  I decided I would cut dairy completely for four weeks, except for the probiotic yoghurts, Actimel, which I am going to try today.  I shall review the situation after that.  We talked about the fact that once my stomach/bowel is in balance again, it may be that I can return to dairy on a reduced basis.

Yesterday I had a close relationship with the toilet for the whole of the morning and was sick twice as well.  Heaven knows why - it's very frustrating.

I see my surgeon, Dr le Chaux a week tomorrow, so maybe he'll have some suggestions.

I found a very fat photo of me from a day playing bowls outdoors on Sunday, 30 August 2009.  Already I find it difficult to remember me that fat.


Here's a "full frontal" photo of me two days ago.   5stone 6lbs/76lbs lighter/34.5kg lighter than the day I went into hospital for the bypass.

No comments:

Post a Comment