Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Sixteen week weigh in

I weighed in this morning at 111.5kg/246 lbs/17st8lbs which is a loss of another one and a half pounds.  I am disappointed and don't understand the low loss, but I know the professionals will be happy I am losing more slowly.  The strange thing is that I am not doing anything different, so can't put the reduced loss down to anything in particular.

Otherwise everything remains as before with eating still being difficult, although when I am eating I think it may be easier to actually have food in my mouth than it was. 

I have been growing butternut squashes this year and the last few weeks have seen me eating soup made from these and to increase my protein I have been eating a couple of smoked salmon slices a day.  I think it's easy to eat because it's thin, a bit like the thin smoked ham slices I eat too some days. 

My blood tests from last Friday came back showing a higher, bottom of normal range, level of potassium, so that's good.  I continue to take the potassium syrup and the vitamin syrup to keep levels of potassium and vitamins in a good range.

Today I received an email from someone who has a family member who will be having this operation next year.  He asked if I would talk to him about the operation and its effects.  I am always happy to write or talk to anyone in private as I know how desperate I was for information before my operation.  Just contact me and I will reply to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment