Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Friday 26 August 2011

Bloody Medication!

As I collected the remainder of my medication from the surgeon's prescription yesterday, I thought I'd better start taking it today. I am already on Inexium and something for the Candida, so ignoring those that leaves four extra things.

The first, a large 2cm diameter tablet - Vitamin D - to be sucked was the first thing I put in my mouth was difficult. I hate taking tablets of any sort and to have to keep something of this size in my mouth until it disappeared was not good. It took 35 minutes to dissolve - not acceptable. I usually have a Vitamin D injection in Autumn, Winter and Spring, so wonder whether this would be a suitable alternative to this huge tablet.

The next were two brown tablets of nearly 1cm diameter - multi vitamins - and not easy to swallow at that size. I had to wait 5 minutes between each one and they seemed to be stuck part way down.

Then two similar sized white tablets - Delursan - is used to treat small gallstones in people who cannot have gallbladder surgery, and to prevent gallstones in overweight patients undergoing rapid weight loss, also used to treat primary biliary cirrhosis. I have no gallbladder so can't get gallstones so I guess it's for the latter condition. Half an hour after taking the brown tablets I took the first white one and twenty minutes later I threw up. I then took the second white one and managed to keep that down.

Half an hour later I took two Imodium substitutes and threw them up within ten minutes. I give up. The usual Imodium tablets dissolve within 2-3 seconds on my tongue, but these are white capsules and I have to swallow four of them.

I decided I will have to make an appointment with Dr Quarck, my GP, to discuss this medication situation as clearly I can't go through this every morning. Just 'phoned for an appointment next week after Libs goes back and have 10.30am on Wednesday. Hope she can sort something out because I am now having difficulty eating too because of the medication making me throw up and the throwing up making me feel so weak. Buxxer, buxxer, buxxer.

No comments:

Post a Comment