Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Visitors and Imodium

Well, the Imodium seems to be part working - definite reduction in evacuations but still needs dose adjusting upwards a bit.

Can't seem to think of anything I want to eat today - Sunday - it really is difficult when food is of no interest at all.  I've had a Bovril sandwich for breakfast, half a banana and a little canned spaghetti in tomato sauce with two small slices of saucisson from Libby's plate. 

Libby's been weeding and clearing one side of the driveway today, in spite of the heat, bless her.  I sat out with her and snipped the seedheads off poppies and marigolds.  I stood up for a while and pruned the roses which have got to about 8-9ft tall and out of control.  It nearly killed me though.  I am  definitely not ready for physical stuff yet. 

While playing Scrabble on the computer we heard a faint "Bonjour" from the driveway and it was a lady in her eighties, with her daughter, who comes to visit each year.  She was born in the house we now use as a utility area and gym and she likes a bit of nostaglia and always pops in sometime during the summer.   She has a wander round the garden and into the houses to see what we have done.  This time she told me where she lived now and invited me to pop in and see her. 

Monday and I had to go to Guingamp to have a cortisone injection in my left knee.  The doctor did my right knee before my operation, but couldn't do both at the same time because it would be too much cortisone in my body apparently.   As I came out into the car park at the clinic a friend from Book Club came over to chat. 

I slept well again, but it rained hard during the night and when I woke in the early hours I could hear the rain on the garden parasol.  I must remember not to leave it open except during the day.  

Tuesday is weigh day and I have lost another 1.5kg/3.3lbs so am 128.5kg - five weeks post op.

Three Imodium tablets this morning to try and sort my damn bowels out.  Finally found something I can eat without problem - TUC biscuits.  Not terribly nutritious, but good to find something I want to put in my mouth.   Bought some mushroom and pork smooth paté which I had for lunch on buttered toast and that was good, but I couldn't eat too much. 

Libby wanted mussels for supper tonight so we bought half a kilo as I won't be able to eat many if any.  Charlie had one in the supermarket and said he wanted them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment