Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Second day home and feeling much better

Well - Tuesday is weigh in day and I've weighed in at 132.5kilos which is a loss of 10.6 kilos/23.3 pounds.  This is more than I should have lost in 3 weeks, but is obviously due to me not being able to eat properly due to the nausea and vomiting.  It appears to have disappeared from my face and tummy and I do feel thinner, and that's a good feeling. 

I slept well last night although woke up very early.  I had a shower and washed my hair for the first time in a week and feel very much fresher now.  My fringe seems to have grown so long that I am having to wear it to the side or I wouldn't be able to see.  I'll have to cut it tomorrow.

I cooked a rasher of bacon and an egg for breakfast.  I ate all the bacon and dipped my slice of baguette and butter in the egg yolk.  I enjoyed it and followed up with a half mug of full cream milk with a teaspoonful of drinking chocolate. The dietician said to put chocolate powder in was better than tea or coffee from a nutrition point of view.

The nurse arrived to give me another anti-coagulant injection and then I visited the Doctor after midday to get a prescription for something to counteract my mouth Candida.  She was going to contact the hospital this afternoon to see why I am only having the anti-coagulant injections until Saturday, as current thinking is apparently to prolong this treatment depending on the blood clot.

I explained to the Doctor that I hadn't been able to take any of the medication I was normally on due to the vomiting, and wondered, after three weeks without it, whether it was really necessary?  She agreed to let me discontinue everything, including my asthma drugs - unless I had a breathing problem at any time - except for my blood pressure medication.  She measured my blood pressure which was 130 over 90 - fine for me.  She also gave me a prescription for the nurse to take blood for a load of tests when she comes tomorrow just so she can see how everything is going.

Came back home and had prawns for lunch dipped in mayonnaise with two slices of buttered baguette and followed by a chocolate dessert.  This afternoon we've all sat out in the garden chatting and sunbathing.  I'm now defrosting homemade chicken stock and frozen roast chicken meat to make a chicken soup for supper.  It's so good to actually want to eat;I had begun to think it would never happen. 

My son, Matthew, went off to the supermarket to get some peaches, bananas, strawberries and raspberries, as we seem to have just one banana and one apple left in the giant fruit bowl and as I don't seem to have programmed veggies into my meals today, I thought I'd better have some fruit instead.  The raspberries were a very good flavour.  I love the way you can crush them with your tongue against the roof of your mouth.  Charlie, my grandson, shared them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment