Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Friday 12 August 2011

Eating too fast - not a good idea

I slept pretty well last night.  Finally woke about 8.10am and lay there for a while expecting the nurse.  I couldn't decide whether to have my shower and hope she didn't come while I was in there.  Charlie came over and watched some of his programmes in bed with me and eventually I decided to get up, shower and dress.

Came down to eat a whole Weetabix with milk and a teaspoon of sugar.  Felt a bit nauseous and took a tablet for that and half a "chill pill". 

Nurse arrived about 11.30am and did my usual jab and I showed her the blood test results.  She was happy with them. 

Cooked some cod for lunch, which tasted lovely. I chewed it really well, but I think I ate it too fast and after feeling very rough for about 30 minutes vomited and lost it all.  I think it was because it tasted so good that I didn't remember to wait  long enough between mouthfuls.  I shan't forget again! 

Fell asleep in front of children's television this afternoon.  That's the chill pill I expect.

Went to swap my Land Rover for my Peugeot as a friend is borrowing the Land Rover, and then went to the supermarket.  Absolutely shattered when I got back.  Driving is quite tiring and I wouldn't be able to pull the wheel hard in an emergency.

Had some duck breast for tea and hummous with potato crisps.   Later a few strawberries and one piece of fudge.

My friend, June, contacted me by Skype this evening, and it was lovely to talk to her again - she had been very worried about me.  I had been very worried about her oldest daughter, who lives in the middle of the area where the London riots had been, so good to know that she was ok.

Right - time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment