Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Sunday 14 August 2011

Not the best of days

I think it would be fair to say that I have had enough of feeling like this.   I had a good night's sleep, got up showered etc. and came downstairs for breakfast.  As soon as I had finished eating I had to go to the loo, and every time I ate after that the same thing happened.  I ended up going back to bed and sleeping until nearly 2.00pm.   Let's hope I still manage to sleep tonight.

Managed to eat a biscuit, a nectarine and a piece of cheese this afternoon without problem, but feel so weak as I don't think I'm retaining the food long enough - I certainly wasn't this morning.

One of my neighbours, Paulette, popped by this afternoon and said I did look much better than when I first came out, when I was a sort of grey colour in the face, whereas now I look more alive, so that's a relief.

Libby and Charlie made biscuits this afternoon and I had one of those too, early in the evening.  It was a plain sweet biscuit and I ate it very slowly as always.   I don't think there's anything I couldn't eat, but I wish I could think of something I would really like to eat.  No fresh bread at the moment, otherwise I might have had a runny yolked boiled egg for supper, but don't like them without bread.  I'll have to drive into St Nicolas in the morning to get a loaf.

I feel very negative today.  Each day I hope I'll wake up feeling noticeably better than I did the day before, but it doesn't seem to happen.  I feel I need a kick-start in some shape or form.   I'd like to go to sleep for a week and wake up stronger and raring to go.

4 comments:

  1. The benefits will come with time, this time next year you you may read these posts back to yourself and see how far you have travelled, but for now take each day as it comes and try your best to visualise it being a day nearer a slimmer and healthier you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, MT. I know you're right - some days are harder than others. Have you been in a similar situation? I do appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've battled with my weight since I was about 8 years old, before I had my children it was me winning the battle (just) but for the past 11 years my weight has crept up and up and I now weigh the same as a rhino! I have tried every diet out there at some point and pretty much the only thing I have never resorted to was making myself sick.

    I had good success with Slimming World a few years ago, but have since put on everything I lost, basically down to lack of willpower. I can totally understand how hard it is to feel low because of your weight, so I wanted you to know that you have my support.

    I have yet to conquer my demon and I hope that day comes soon as I now feel daily the pain that my excesses are causing me, but I have no one to blame except myself. I just need to walk the walk rather than talk the talk,lol!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your honest answer. I too lost excess weight I had gained, while living in Brussels and Eindhoven, with Slimming World, but the children put pay to that and I never was "normal" again.

    It's so bloody difficult, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete