Diagram of Operation

Diagram of Operation
My new tummy arrangement after gastric mini bypass

Friday 19 August 2011

Imodium and visitors

I've decided that the weakness that I'm experiencing all the time, but particularly when I stand, is due to the fact that I'm still, explosively and without much warning, shitting liquid frequently throughout the day and night, as I have been since I had my operation.  Obviously, if you have diarrhoea you are going to feel weak.  So, I went to the Pharmacy around one thirty and bought some Imodium.   The temperature at SuperU was 27 degrees, so another very hot day.

The first time I took Imodium was years ago again when I'd come out of hospital after an operation with the same symptoms.  I had a friend with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and she took two Imodium on a daily basis always.  She brought some round to me - they were only available on prescription in those days - and I took one.  I didn't shit for ten days. 

Bearing this in mind, I took just half a tablet to start with, although the maximum dose per day is three tablets.  Hopefully, once my bowels are under control things will get much better.  Not a pleasant subject, but part of the experience so I thought I should share it.

I cooked my chicken casserole yesterday morning after Libby had prepared the veggies.  Had some early afternoon and it went down well - not a large portion obviously, but it was tasty.  Had it with lots of the liquid, like a  chunky soup really.

This morning my bowels had not improved so I took a whole Imodium and will wait to see what happens with that.

Friends from Bowls came round in the middle of the day.  It was great to see them and have a good chat.  They brought me a lovely lavender for the garden - one of my favourite plants. 

Went shopping later in the afternoon.  There's no semi-skimmed milk in the supermarket.  It's always a problem at this time of year when holidaymakers are here buying up the stock.   Bought bread and ate most of the ham sandwich I made for tea - the rest  was destined for the bird table.

No comments:

Post a Comment